Recipe by Moonmunkimama
Healthy alternative to quiche. This more of a method than a recipe. The bell pepper can be filled with any of your favorite quiche recipe. It presents very nicely when you have guests over and can easily be prepared the night before and placed in oven the next morning. Hope everyone enjoys it!!
Top Review by Debbwl
Love how healthy this is. Made using eggbeaters and fat free cheese, also used the frozen spinach option. The bell pepper makes a wonderful sweet base for these little quiches. I did not dresses these up, how ever even with out being dressed up they made a very nice presentation. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 2 basil leaves, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Cut bell peppers in half; remove seeds.
- Place peppers upright on a baking pan.
- Saute tomatoes, onions, spinach, salt, pepper and garlic powder in the evoo.
- Beat eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in medium bowl until blended.
- Add cooked vegetables, basil and half of the cheese to the beaten eggs.
- Spoon half vegetable egg mixture into each pepper.
- Bake in center of oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 20-30 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese on top of each pepper and place in oven until melted.
- Let Stand 5 minutes.