Recipe by Your Mom
Quick, easy, and healthy Sunday morning egg breakfast. You can make it a million different ways depending on what ingredients you love.
- 7 eggs (6 egg whites, one whole egg)
- 1 ready-made pie crust (the uncooked type located with the biscuits in the butter aisle)
- 2 slices reduced-fat American cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet or round pizza pan
- Unroll your pie crust onto pan.
- Salt and pepper the crust.
- Sautee your vegetables (if you're using them).
- Mix 5 egg whites and one whole egg.
- Scramble eggs into vegetables [if using] until lightly scrambled (not completely cooked).
- Pour your egg mixture on to the middle of crust, leaving room to fold ends.
- Put two slices of cheese on top of eggs.
- Mix one egg white and brush around inside edges of crust.
- Fold the sides up to the middle, over the eggs, and pinch.
- Fold the ends of crust together and pinch.
- Brush the top of your crust with egg whites and bake until lightly browned.
- Let sit for five minutes before cutting and serving.