Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An appetizer from Uruguay, delicious! from a 1973 cook book given to me by my son. Latin American Cooking. Love it and so did every one else!!
- Brush a 9x12x2 inch baking pan with butter.
- Cover with 3 layers phyllo dough, brushing the surface of each layer with melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated cheese over the third layer.
- Cover with 3 more layers, brushing each layer with butter.
- Combine 4 tablespoons grated cheese with the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cream and flour and mix well.
- Spread over the layered dough and cover with the egg slices.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining 6 leaves of dough, brushing the top layer generously with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 minutes until crisp, flaky and golden.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve hot or cold.