Recipe by Lainey39
This egg scramble features potatoes, bacon, cheese and sweet red and green peppers and mushrooms. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Enjoyed the recipe, however, we needed to adjust a couple things. We don't use much salt so cut back seeing as how there were 2 salt based spices. Next time I'd either cut back more in the onion salt or sub in garlic powder for the garlic salt. Also, I didn't want to use regular potatoe so I used frozen hashbrowns (thawed) instead. We liked it & found it very filling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked bacon, crumbled
- 16 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In large skillet, saute half of the peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.