Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great for breakfast. Easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 16 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until tender.
- In a large skillet, saute half of the peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3minutes longer.
- In a blender, combine eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Pour half over vegetable mixture, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat remaining ingredients.
I scaled this back to serve me for my lunch today and it was wonderful. I only had red pepper and cheated and used "Simply Potatoes" diced potatoes with onions, but otherwise made as written. I just had this with 1/2 of a grapefruit. The scramble is nice and filling. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
These are fantastic! Love the potatoes in it and your cooking method on how to prepare these faster. Even DH exclaimed, "the eggs are really good!" With him saying that without having to ask him his opinion, that really means something. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 2008.