Recipe by Bonnie G #2
A Taste of Home Recipe, this sounds like a nice special-occasion breakfast or brunch. Not to hard but warm and hearty and serves plenty but should be easy to cut back on size.
Top Review by diner524
Delicious one pan meal!! I microwaved my potatoes for about 4 minutes on high and then added them to the peppers and onions. I only made 1/8 of the recipe, 1-2 servings, and served it with biscuits and fresh fruit. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 16 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender, Drain.
- In large skillet, saute half of the peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.