1/4 Photos of Egg & Scallion Fried Rice
Mad craving that came out insanely tasty. Ingredients are approximate because I didn't measure much which is why most things say 'to taste,' lol. I didn't include cooking or cooling time for the rice. Cooking time will depend on your method of cooking & cooling will depend as well. I set mine in my cool basement for 1/2 hour or so. I say 8-10 servings because my family of 4 each had 2nds. But each serving was probably 1c or more. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice. I used a rice steamer. If you use a different method, the ratio may be different. When rice is cooked, spread it out on a large baking sheet & let cool completely.
- 2Prep everything.
- 3Chop onions & scallions.
- 4Beat eggs, add 1TB soy sauce & pepper.
- 5Heat wok until it is HOT. Add 1TB oil - vegetable/canola/sesame(NOT toasted!) & swirl to coat sides. Add egg mixture, swirl to coat sides. Scrape pan to cook it all quickly, scraping as you go. This will take 2-3 minutes. When all get is cooked, not just set, scrape into a bowl & set aside.
- 6Add 2TB oil to hot wok. Add chopped onions. Cook until browned & softened, 3-5 minutes.
- 7Add cooled rice. Every few minutes, scrape up from the bottom, so that the rice on the bottom & sides get a bit crispy. When it starts looking crispy, not burned, add soy sauce along top rim of rice & stir fry/stir up well. Keep turning up from bottom as you go along. I added another TB or so oil along the top rim of rice -- it goes down the sides coating the rice & helps to crisp it up. This will take 5 minutes or more. Take the time to let it cook & get a bit crispy.
- 8Sprinkle on enough sesame seeds to make you happy & stir that in, continuing to stir up from the bottom.
- 9Add 1TB (or more) toasted sesame oil to the top rim of the rice & continue to stir it from the bottom.
- 10Chop up scrambled egg w/spoon & add to rice. Continue to stir from the bottom.
- 11Add chopped scallions & continue to stir --.
- 12Season with salt to taste, stirring well between each addition to check seasoning.
- 13Add more soy sauce and/or sesame oil if it suits you. :).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg & Scallion Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 335.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g