Recipe by Nutmeg74
This was received from a friend and I find it a very easy casserole to prepare and have ready for oven in the morning
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean's)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Line greased 9x13 baking dish with bread cubes; set aside.
- Brown sausage with onion and bell pepper; drain. Stir in pimentos and sprinkle over the bread cubes.
- Beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce & spices; pour over sausage.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Next morning, bake, uncovered, at 325 for 70 to 80 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.