Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A favorite casserole for breakfast or brunch. I made it for my daughter's second birthday family brunch. It was a big hit.
- 8 slices bread
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Grease 9x13-inch pan.
- Cube bread and layer in pan.
- Brown and drain sausage.
- Layer sausage over bread.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Beat together eggs, 2 1/4 cups milk, and salt.
- Pour over all layered ingredients.
- Mix 1/2 cup milk and soup.
- Pour over all.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered at 300°F for 1.5 hours.
- Let stand for a few minutes until firm.