Recipe by KelBel
Very filling and satisfying breakfast, brunch or dinner. Created this as a way to use up some Hard Boiled Easter Eggs. Fresh fruit is a perfect accompaniment.
Top Review by Marsha D.
This is a wonderful recipe! Easy to prepare and was quite wonderful to have for a breakfast dinner for Dh and I. I served this gravy over recipe#161470 and served fresh sliced strawberries on the side. Only 2 things I changed and they were, I used half milk and half whipping cream to give a richer flavor and omitted the worcestershire sauce. Dh was very happy and very full after dinner. He mentioned to me that I need to make this gravy again. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and for making my Dh a happy man! :)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 buttermilk biscuits, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and onions in a skillet until sausage is done. Drain grease. Add flour and coat meat mixture.
- In seperate bowl, combine milk, worcestershire sauce, and salt/pepper (to taste).
- Slowly stir in milk/seasoning mixture.
- Cook until gravy reaches desired thickness (Stirring frequently).
- Split biscuit in half on plate. Divide sliced hard boiled egg over top.
- Spoon gravy over biscuits and eggs.