Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very filling and satisfying breakfast, brunch or dinner. Created this as a way to use up some Hard Boiled Easter Eggs. Fresh fruit is a perfect accompaniment.
- Cook sausage and onions in a skillet until sausage is done. Drain grease. Add flour and coat meat mixture.
- In seperate bowl, combine milk, worcestershire sauce, and salt/pepper (to taste).
- Slowly stir in milk/seasoning mixture.
- Cook until gravy reaches desired thickness (Stirring frequently).
- Split biscuit in half on plate. Divide sliced hard boiled egg over top.
- Spoon gravy over biscuits and eggs.
This is a wonderful recipe! Easy to prepare and was quite wonderful to have for a breakfast dinner for Dh and I. I served this gravy over Favorite Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits and served fresh sliced strawberries on the side. Only 2 things I changed and they were, I used half milk and half whipping cream to give a richer flavor and omitted the worcestershire sauce. Dh was very happy and very full after dinner. He mentioned to me that I need to make this gravy again. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and for making my Dh a happy man! :)
This is the best gravy ever! I have made my world famous for a while and I will never do it again. I love to try everything and the onions kind of throw you off but it is now a necessity in my mind. I didnt try it with the hard boiled egss the first time, just the gravy. I had a few the second time and it was just as good! Thank you so much!
Oh, KelBel, this is delicious and lasts until lunch-time and then some! I used our own venison sausage for the meat. No leftovers with this crew! Touchdown for the home team!!! *Football Pool Week 11*