Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a brunch made in just one pan. Perfect fall dish with apples and sausage.
- 453.59 g pork sausage
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
- Shape sausage into 3 inch patties.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 7 minutes per side.
- Pour off fat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add apples; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to serving platter and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Add eggs and scramble to desired firmness.
- Add to platter and serve.
This was such a filling an yummy breakfast. I healthed it up, but kept all the basics and you can have this huge and yummy breakfast for about 300 calories. Holy cow right. I used turkey sausage, egg beaters, and I put a piece of low fat cheese on my egg with green peppers and onions. On the apples I used splenda and cinnamon. I also used pam instead of butter. All the falvors came through beautifully. In fact once I started eating I mixed the apples right in with the eggs. Thanks Mary. made for photo tag.
I cut this down for just one: one sausage patty, one apple, and one egg. I added a bit of chopped onion with the apple and served it with a small slice of blue cheese on the side. wonderful.