Recipe by mary winecoff
This is a brunch made in just one pan. Perfect fall dish with apples and sausage.
Top Review by seesko
This was such a filling an yummy breakfast. I healthed it up, but kept all the basics and you can have this huge and yummy breakfast for about 300 calories. Holy cow right. I used turkey sausage, egg beaters, and I put a piece of low fat cheese on my egg with green peppers and onions. On the apples I used splenda and cinnamon. I also used pam instead of butter. All the falvors came through beautifully. In fact once I started eating I mixed the apples right in with the eggs. Thanks Mary. made for photo tag.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape sausage into 3 inch patties.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 7 minutes per side.
- Pour off fat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add apples; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to serving platter and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Add eggs and scramble to desired firmness.
- Add to platter and serve.