Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not exactly fond of eggs, but there are times when you have to eat them. This is a really simple and easy way to to use them. Especially useful after Easter! Also good for testing eggs in elimination diets. Preparation time includes boiling and peeling eggs.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (heaped) or 1 teaspoon dried chives (heaped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon allergy-free mayonnaise
- Peel eggs and chop roughly.
- Chop spring onions very finely and use most of the green. I used up till the leaves spread.
- Throw the eggs, spring onions, and chives in a bowl. Mash throughly with a fork.
- Add the butter and mayonnaise and mix.
- Substitution information: Instead of mayonnaise I used Elimination Salad Dressing (http://www.recipezaar.com/162646) without the garlic or herbs.
- The mayo is mostly to add moisture to the filling, so extra butter should work in a pinch.
Delicious filling! I will be making again real soon. Its real different from the way I make egg salad and its a very nice change too. Simple and easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe.