Recipe by Houmous Monster
I'm not exactly fond of eggs, but there are times when you have to eat them. This is a really simple and easy way to to use them. Especially useful after Easter! Also good for testing eggs in elimination diets. Preparation time includes boiling and peeling eggs.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Delicious filling! I will be making again real soon. Its real different from the way I make egg salad and its a very nice change too. Simple and easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (heaped) or 1 teaspoon dried chives (heaped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon allergy-free mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggs and chop roughly.
- Chop spring onions very finely and use most of the green. I used up till the leaves spread.
- Throw the eggs, spring onions, and chives in a bowl. Mash throughly with a fork.
- Add the butter and mayonnaise and mix.
- Substitution information: Instead of mayonnaise I used Elimination Salad Dressing (http://www.recipezaar.com/162646) without the garlic or herbs.
- The mayo is mostly to add moisture to the filling, so extra butter should work in a pinch.