Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When Friday morning rolls around we on the farm rejoice -- and although for us this isn't the end of the week, (our Saturdays are really busy) there is a certain celebratory aura that overtakes us. This egg sandwich was the brain child of Giada De Laurentiis but adapted for fast paced life here on the farm. I often make my own sauce from the summer tomatoes, but please use any sauce you have on hand. So with a full stomach Dennis heads out the door to face the day, when he gets home later on the day, we have a Saturday to go through. Awwww.....life is good.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 English muffin, open (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce (you be the judge of how much you like)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat marinara sauce in microwave until warmed, or heat in sauce pot until warmed.
- Drain sauce, in paper toweled colander to get extra juice out of sauce. Set aside.
- In a heavy small skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil.
- Gently crack each egg into warmed skillet.
- Add dash of salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until the whites are cooked.
- Toast muffins and while still warm, rub the garlic on muffin and add Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce as desired.
- Place cooked egg carefully atop the sauce covered toasted English Muffin.
- Serve immediately.
A great upgrade for the fried egg sandwich. Loved the addition of parmesan and marinara sauce. Made as written using a slice of parmesan instead of grating it. Was a little concerned about putting marinara sauce on my egg sandwich (was scarred it would be soggy) however the draining step worked out and the sandwich and sauce were both perfect. Will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.
I love egg sandwiches and this was different. I cooked it about 1 minute too long though, but it was delicious anyways. Made it as posted, and was ready so quickly. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting Andi.
Another nice change for my egg sandwhich. I made this as directed and then I made one with scrambled eggs, both were good, but the egg cooked according to the recipe was better :) Thanks for posting!