I found this recipe on EatingWell web site - what I needed were exact measurements, since I usually cook without any recipes. Let me qualify it, when I cook for myself and/or my friends. Anything that we do for the home is a totally different story. Low in calories, low in fat, easy and very healthy! Will make it even more palatable - have with a piece of fresh tropical fruit! Yum! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 1Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- 3Add egg whites, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh dill or fresh parsley, and capers (if using) and cook, stirring constantly, until whites are set, about 30 seconds.
- 4To make the sandwich, layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on English muffin.
- 5E N J O Y!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg & Salmon Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 743.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.0 g