Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on EatingWell web site - what I needed were exact measurements, since I usually cook without any recipes. Let me qualify it, when I cook for myself and/or my friends. Anything that we do for the home is a totally different story. Low in calories, low in fat, easy and very healthy! Will make it even more palatable - have with a piece of fresh tropical fruit! Yum! ;)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add egg whites, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh dill or fresh parsley, and capers (if using) and cook, stirring constantly, until whites are set, about 30 seconds.
- To make the sandwich, layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on English muffin.
- E N J O Y!