Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the egg salad needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours. I Serve this between two thick slices of toasted whole wheat bread. If you like tarragon add in about a teaspoon of fresh chopped.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This was awesome! I followed the recipe exactly. For the onion I used 1/2 of a sweet Vidalia that I minced. I served it on white bread with a pickle spear. Great lunch!! Thanks so much for posting! Made in memory of your husband.
- 7 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped (or use a sweet Vidalia onion, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet gherkin, chopped (use gherkins or similar)
- salt and pepper