Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead the egg salad needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours. I Serve this between two thick slices of toasted whole wheat bread. If you like tarragon add in about a teaspoon of fresh chopped.
- 7 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped (or use a sweet Vidalia onion, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet gherkin, chopped (use gherkins or similar)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
This was awesome! I followed the recipe exactly. For the onion I used 1/2 of a sweet Vidalia that I minced. I served it on white bread with a pickle spear. Great lunch!! Thanks so much for posting! Made in memory of your husband.
I gave this 3 stars. I will first say I did not plan ahead for this as my newphews were very hungry and could not wait. I only had time to chill this for 20-25 minutes. My fiancee came home later in the evening and had a sandwich and said he thought it was good. I had to fight to get 1 sandwich for lunch. We liked this it tasted good. I think it was a bit to wet for my taste. I served this on white bread my preference. I think I'll try the tarragon next time. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Delicious. Served on toasted English muffins for a light dinner during movie night here. The Dijon added a nice spicy tang. I used little cornichons, which I expect are a lot like gherkins - maybe just not as sweet. Served carrot and celery sticks alongside and everyone here was happy.