Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was an accidental creation--that is now made often.
- 6 hardboiled egg
- 4 ounces cooked and peeled shrimp
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Prepare 1st 3 ingredients and cool.
- Grate or chop eggs and combine with chopped shrimp and crumbled crisp bacon.
- Add onion, celery, mayonnaise (more if needed) and cayenne pepper.
- Use for sandwiches, or party spread.
- (Notice omision of salt due to use of bacon).
I mixed in some (chilled) pasta into this salad and it made a whole meal. Delicious!
Interesting combination. I've never had shrimp in egg salad before. After tasting, before serving, I did add just a tad bit of salt. :)
What a fabulous idea for egg salad. Egg salad is sometimes, well just too eggy and this was a welcome variation. We had a bunch of leftover shrimp from a party last night, and I made this salad for lunch today. A wonderful salad for a summer day. Made as directed; but after a taste test, I added a bit of kosher salt and black pepper.