Recipe by BecR
Perfect for vacation days and the hottest weather, or as a filling for elegant tea sandwiches. Good with pumpernickel. From The Collector's Cookbook Hearty Cold Dishes, Woman's Day Kitchen, 1979.
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (1 large rib)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion (1 small)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- greens (optional, for garnish)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar red caviar (or black lumpfish caviar) (optional)
- 1 green onion, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together vinegar, mustard, pepper, salt and mayonnaise. Fold in celery, onion and eggs. Cover and chill.
- Mound on platter lined with greens. Garnish with caviar and green onion.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: If desired, omit caviar. Garnish with pimiento.
- Note: Time does not include cooking the eggs or chilling.