Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite way to make egg salad. It sort of evolved over the years and it can be eaten on its own, served over salad or stuffed into whole wheat pita. Any way you serve it tastes great.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 strip roasted red pepper, chopped
- 9 green olives, pitted and minced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (I use turkey bacon)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's has a good light version)
- Chop hard boiled eggs and put into a bowl.
- Add chopped onion, red pepper, olives and bacon.
- Mix in the mayo.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
This is very good! Very easy to make. My olives were small so I doubled those. I had an onion that was already cut. It's a rather large onion so I diced up about 1/4 cup, which seemed to be the perfect amount. I have never put bacon nor roasted red pepper in my egg salad. It's a nice change. I will make it this way more often. Thanks for sharing your recipe.It's a keeper!!Made for the PAC Fall 2007 game.
I needed something light and this fitted the bill, today. Used whole wheat pitta, added some basil, salt and pepper.