I was challenged to an Egg Salad "Cook Off" by another Zaar chef. So here is my recipe. It's a little saucy so if you want it less saucy just add less of the Mayo and olive juice. You can eat this on crackers or as a sandwich. It's very easy to make. Since olive juice has salt in it, I did not add more salt to the recipe. I have a sensitivity to pepper so I did not add that either. You can add both if you want to. Prep time includes the time for boiling the eggs. Cook time is refrigeration time. Times are approximate.
- For best results in making the eggs easier to peel follow these instructions:.
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Place the pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil remove it from the burner and set it aside.
- Let the eggs sit in the pan of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain water from the pan and put ice cubes on the eggs.
- Fill with cold water and let the eggs set until cool enough to handle.
- Crack and peel eggs under cold running water and place in a bowl.
- Chop the eggs.
- Add the chopped green onions and olives and mix well.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the Mayo, horseradish sauce and olive juice.
- Pour over the egg mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve on crackers or as a sandwich.