1/1 Photo of Egg Salad With a Twist
1 hr 30 mins
I was challenged to an Egg Salad "Cook Off" by another Zaar chef. So here is my recipe. It's a little saucy so if you want it less saucy just add less of the Mayo and olive juice. You can eat this on crackers or as a sandwich. It's very easy to make. Since olive juice has salt in it, I did not add more salt to the recipe. I have a sensitivity to pepper so I did not add that either. You can add both if you want to. Prep time includes the time for boiling the eggs. Cook time is refrigeration time. Times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For best results in making the eggs easier to peel follow these instructions:.
- 2Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- 3Place the pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- 4As soon as the water comes to a boil remove it from the burner and set it aside.
- 5Let the eggs sit in the pan of water for 10 minutes.
- 6Drain water from the pan and put ice cubes on the eggs.
- 7Fill with cold water and let the eggs set until cool enough to handle.
- 8Crack and peel eggs under cold running water and place in a bowl.
- 9Chop the eggs.
- 10Add the chopped green onions and olives and mix well.
- 11In a small bowl or cup, mix the Mayo, horseradish sauce and olive juice.
- 12Pour over the egg mixture and mix well.
- 13Refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- 14Serve on crackers or as a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 861.2 mg
- Sodium 1008.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: