Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Awesome and Satisfying! My mother's recipe which she always made for our lunch. The pickle relish adds flavor in this egg salad! The addition of the lettuce leaf makes for a nice crunch.
- 6 eggs, hardboiled, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 4 torn lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bread
- In a medium size bowl combine finely chopped eggs, pickle relish, finely chopped celery, and celery seed.
- Fold in mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for flavors to meld.
- Spread sandwich filling onto bread slices. Add lettuce leaf and top with another bread slice.
This was very good. I cut the recipe in half and added some jicama also. We ate this on a flour tortilla. Yum! Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
Fantastic! We are going to eat it on Croissants. Can't wait for dinner! Such a nice change of pace from my usual egg salad. All the flavors work so well together. I wouldn't change a thing!
Thank you Seasoned Cook for a great lunch, I scaled it back to 2 serves and made DM a sandwich and I had mine with a salad as today I have had to cut my carbs back. I think the addition of the relish and the ranch dressing makes it so different. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #33 October 2009.