Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Awesome and Satisfying! My mother's recipe which she always made for our lunch. The pickle relish adds flavor in this egg salad! The addition of the lettuce leaf makes for a nice crunch.
- 6 eggs, hardboiled, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 4 torn lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl combine finely chopped eggs, pickle relish, finely chopped celery, and celery seed.
- Fold in mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for flavors to meld.
- Spread sandwich filling onto bread slices. Add lettuce leaf and top with another bread slice.