Recipe by Oolala
Sounds great. Got this recipe in a magazine called Aruba Food and Wine. It is just a few different ingredients that "jazz up" the ususal egg salad.
Top Review by Cooking with Culture!!
This was AWESOME!!! I used raisins instead of currents & I didn't have any cucumber, but it still worked out great!! Love the unique curry flavor mixed with the egg. I'll definitely make this again :) Thanks so much for posting!!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, halved
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, plus some
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cucumber, small, peeled
- 12 slices country-style white bread, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg yolks into large bowl and mash well with fork. Finely chop egg whites and add to the yolks.
- Add to this, the dried currants, green onions, and cilantro.
- Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and curry powder into a small bowl and then add to egg mixture.
- Mix in more mayonnaise by tablespoonfuls if salad is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and then thinly slice into half rounds and remove seeds.
- Place cucumber slices on paper towels to drain.
- Arrange toast on work surface; spread each toast slice with mayonnaise.
- Divide salad mixture among 6 toast slices.
- Top each with cucumber slices and the second toast slice. Cut sandwich in half and serve.