Recipe by Charlotte J
Mrs. Peterson, a lady from church, made the best egg salad sandwiches and she'd never really tell you what she put in them. This was my first attempt to duplicate her recipe. Her family thought she added butter when mixing.
Top Review by Shena
We thought this was good. I didn't add any of the "other ingredients", but did add a squirt of Kraft horseradish sauce and yellow mustard, which is something that I always put in egg salad.
- 6 eggs, hard cooked, cooled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 16 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the eggs, butter, miracle whip and seasonings.
- Refrigerate until your ready to make your sandwiches.
- Spread on one bread slice then top with another piece of bread.
- If you'd like here are a few other ingredients you could add.
- Mrs. Peterson could have added the onions and celery, I don't remember.
- I know she did not use the relish or olives.
- But I thought they may offer a different taste, as I saw them in another recipe.