Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favorite egg salad sandwich recipe... I prefer serving it on soft wheat bread with lettuce, tomato and pickle slices.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- Mix together everything but the hard-boiled eggs.
- Pour mixture over hard-boiled eggs and mash until desired texture is achieved.
- Spread egg salad in between slices of the bread of your choice. Add lettuce, tomato and pickle for a more complete (and generally better-tasting) sandwich.
I scaled this back for 3 eggs and thoroughly enjoyed it on some wholemeal/wholegrain bread. Will be trying this again and have it on some naan bread. I used dry dill and dried onion flakes and it wasn't till after I had eaten that I had forgotten the butter, but it didn't really need it, thank you Chef #241584, made for Bargain Basement,