Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This egg salad has light taste to it. The parsley brings a refreshing taste with the red peppers give the salad some zip. Roasted red peppers may also be used. (FYI: Original recipe calls for 1 tbs capers, 1 tsp Dijon mustard and romaine lettuce to complete the sandwhich.)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dice red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Place eggs in medium saucepan in a single layer. Add enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Brings to boil over high heat Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice-water bath (to prevent further cooking). Shell the eggs and chop them into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the salad ingredients. Mix well. Add eggs and mix gently. Spoon egg salad onto bread slices.
This made for a great breakfast, and also for a light lunch. I like the contrast in colours with the red pepper, and the herbs, and eggs. Will be making this again.