Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy basic recipe, but I love it!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons hellmans mayonnaise (according to taste)
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 shredded carrot
- salt and pepper, for taste
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on lightly toasted bread (I use rye).
- Mixture can be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Good egg salad. I like the addition of carrot. When mixed i found it just a little bland so I "upped" the salad with 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Furthermore I used 1/4 teaspoon salt and 4 swirls on the pepper mill. Thanks for posting.
I have been making my egg salad like this for years, I often grate a little bit of carrot into the mix; carrots vary so much in size a whole carrot would be too much for me! I do love the crunch of the celery and carrot in egg salad! Occasionally, I add some celery seeds. Great in sandwiches or on crackers.
I wanted to say this is a fantastic egg salad recipe!!! I added some finely chopped white onion to give it a little more kick and they turned out so yummy.