Use good-quality whole-wheat bread. Have tweaked the original recipe a bit. The recipe is from marthastewart.com. We serve something similar to this for the residents and they just love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 -10 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 -2 scallion, green parts chopped (optional)
- pimiento (jarred and chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- mayonnaise, for spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder or 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mild Madras curry powder (optional)
- 1 loaf round bread (8-inch loaf, cut in half crosswise)
- Dijon mustard, for spreading (optional)
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1In a medium bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise, chopped scallions, if using, mustard powder or dijon mustard, celery, salt and pepper to taste, crispy bacon, pimentos and curry powder, if using.
- 2Gently mix until combined.
- 3Spread the inside of the bread halves with a layer of mayonnaise and mustard, if using.
- 4Line the bottom half with radicchio and arugula leaves, and top with the egg salad.
- 5Cover with the top half, and cut the sandwich into wedges.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad Sandwich on 8" Bread Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 226.2 mg
- Sodium 835.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: