Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
On toasted or untoasted bread, one of my favorite lunches.
Make and share this Egg Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and fill with water to cover by 2-3 inches.
- Bring to a rolling boil and cook eggs 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool eggs in a bath of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Peel eggs and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mash eggs with a fork or a potato masher.
- In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, relish, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over mashed eggs.
- Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- Divide egg salad evenly between two slices of toasted bread.
- Close sandwiches, slice in half on the diagonal, and serve.
Yummy sandwich. I don't usually add any mustard to my egg salad but I enjoyed the little bit of tang by adding the Dijon. Thanks for sharing a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.