Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love egg salad. It's great when you don't have a lot of ingredients on hand. You can scale this down and just use mustard, mayo, salt, and pepper if you prefer. To prepare more quickly, I boil the eggs the night before. It's a quick 5 or 10 minute lunch with a little advance preparation. I like this with a nice sourdough bread, but you decide. I like to eat this open-faced. Recipe courtesy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Comfort Food.
- Place eggs in small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let eggs since in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water and chill for 10 minutes.
- Peel the cooled eggs, chop them (an egg slicer makes this easier), and place in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, celery, radishes, scallion, and capers.
- Stir well to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide egg salad evenly between 2 slices of bread.
- Top each with a second slice of bread, cut on the diagonal, and serve.
Very good. The capers are a nice addition. Left out the radishes and used a small red onion instead of the scallions since that was what I had. It certainly fixed our lunch!
Thanks for posting.
Delicicous! I left out the radish because I didn't have, loved the capers in this! Served on a whole wheat bun with romaine lettuce. Thanks!