Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simply put - the best egg salad sandwich recipe I have come up with so far. The secret is the crunchy sunflower seeds and diced pickles along with pickle juice and hot sauce for zing. Plus it's cheap and filling!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 small dill pickles, diced (midgets)
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- red onion
- toasted multi-grain bread
- Place hard boiled eggs in a bowl and mash down with back of fork. Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, sunflower seeds, diced pickles, pickle juice, salt and pepper, to taste. Fold together until mixed throughly.
- I like to serve my egg salad on toasted multi-grain bread with some slices of tomato, lettuce and red onion.
I scaled this back for 3 eggs and the DM and I enjoyed this egg salad, she had hers in a sandwich using wholemeal/wholegrain bread with some lettuce and I had mine on the plate with a garden salad. Thank you KimberleyClaire79 for a lovely egg salad recipe and to Sydney Mike for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag game.
Made this salad according to the recipe, which I cut in half for 2 of us, & then cut the amount of hot sauce in half yet again! I enjoyed the use of sunflower seeds, but another time I'd probably use sweet pickles instead of the dill! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]