Recipe by KimberlyClaire79
Simply put - the best egg salad sandwich recipe I have come up with so far. The secret is the crunchy sunflower seeds and diced pickles along with pickle juice and hot sauce for zing. Plus it's cheap and filling!
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 3 eggs and the DM and I enjoyed this egg salad, she had hers in a sandwich using wholemeal/wholegrain bread with some lettuce and I had mine on the plate with a garden salad. Thank you KimberleyClaire79 for a lovely egg salad recipe and to Sydney Mike for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag game.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 small dill pickles, diced (midgets)
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- red onion
- toasted multi-grain bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hard boiled eggs in a bowl and mash down with back of fork. Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, sunflower seeds, diced pickles, pickle juice, salt and pepper, to taste. Fold together until mixed throughly.
- I like to serve my egg salad on toasted multi-grain bread with some slices of tomato, lettuce and red onion.