This is a David Rosengarten recipe, which I have been making for about 15 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First hard boil the six eggs, peel and mash with a fork, set aside.
- 2Secondly make the mayo.
- 3Place the two egg yolks into food processor and combine, add in the lemon juice and dijon mustard, combine for ten seconds.
- 4Thru the feed tube with motor running add the 1/2 cup olive oil,( one that your family enjoys the taste of)in a slow thin stream, until all the oil has been accepted. Mayo at this point should be thick.
- 5Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- 6Stir the mayo mixture into the fork mashed hard boiled eggs, and now add the minced basil.
- 7Taste again for seasoning and add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- 8Lightly grill Italian bread until nicely toasted. Rub with a garlic clove while warm on both sides.
- 9Then brush with olive oil on one side only.( Do not grill the oiled bread or side, as this will change the taste of your olive oil used.).
- 10Place grilled bruschetta onto plates oil side up top with the egg salad mixture.
- 11Garnish with basil
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad on Grilled Bruschetta 1993
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.4
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 422.8 mg
- Sodium 221.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g