Recipe by andypandy
This is a David Rosengarten recipe, which I have been making for about 15 years.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled mashed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 4 slices Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- First hard boil the six eggs, peel and mash with a fork, set aside.
- Secondly make the mayo.
- Place the two egg yolks into food processor and combine, add in the lemon juice and dijon mustard, combine for ten seconds.
- Thru the feed tube with motor running add the 1/2 cup olive oil,( one that your family enjoys the taste of)in a slow thin stream, until all the oil has been accepted. Mayo at this point should be thick.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Stir the mayo mixture into the fork mashed hard boiled eggs, and now add the minced basil.
- Taste again for seasoning and add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Lightly grill Italian bread until nicely toasted. Rub with a garlic clove while warm on both sides.
- Then brush with olive oil on one side only.( Do not grill the oiled bread or side, as this will change the taste of your olive oil used.).
- Place grilled bruschetta onto plates oil side up top with the egg salad mixture.
- Garnish with basil