Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I looked through nearly 20 pages of egg salad recipes and found nothing just like this. I find it important to mince the veggies, AND to grate the onion. Onion pieces in egg salad totally overwhelm it to me. If you like it juicier, add more Miracle Whip. Don't like Miracle Whip? Use Mayo. And the light stuff works just fine too. I like this on buttered toasted Wheat bread or on crackers. Just give it a try....I do not like relish in it as that takes over the delicate egg flavor to me. I like the olives in it, my husband does not.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon minced green olives (optional)
- In a medium bowl, finely chop the eggs.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, ans mix well.
- Serve on bread, toast, crackers, or stuff a tomato.
This is quite a delicious egg salad! However, I personally think the recipe calls for far too much miracle whip, and I didn't even use quite half a cup. Therefore, next time I make this, I will be using about half of what the recipe calls and perhaps reduce the mustard by just a 1/2 tsp.
To fix the recipe so it wouldn't be overwhelmed with miracle whip, I added one more egg and a bit more celery, onion, and pepper. Also, I didn't have parsley, so I added a little oregano and basil.
Overall, delicious recipe that I'll be making again!