Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Georgian cuisine frequently uses walnuts, as in this unique egg salad. A small amount of hot pepper flakes are included in the recipe, but the amount can be increased according to tolerance (make sure not to overpower the flavor of the sauce!). Recipe adapted from "Sephardic Cooking" by Copeland Marks. NOTE: I haven't tested this recipe yet, but you may want to try blending in the egg yolks along with the walnut sauce, and serve it like devilled eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, shelled
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and halve lengthwise.
- Make the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients in a food processer. Blend until it is a fairly smooth consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the egg halves.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.