Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looking for vegetarian recipes from Oman, I came across this one. Cook time is for boiling eggs. Enjoy!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced small (capsicum)
- green onion, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (or mayonnaise)
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- crisp salad green (I like to use romaine)
- parsley (to garnish)
- Combine egg, celery, green pepper, onions, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add salad dressing. Mix well and chill.
- Turn tomato stem end down. Without cutting to bottom, cut down, making 6 slices. Sprinkle cut surface with salt.
- Fill between slices with egg salad.
- Arrange on crisp salad greens.
- Garnish with parsley.