Looking for vegetarian recipes from Oman, I came across this one. Cook time is for boiling eggs. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced small (capsicum)
- green onion, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salad dressing (or mayonnaise)
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- crisp salad green (I like to use romaine)
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1Combine egg, celery, green pepper, onions, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 2Add salad dressing. Mix well and chill.
- 3Turn tomato stem end down. Without cutting to bottom, cut down, making 6 slices. Sprinkle cut surface with salt.
- 4Fill between slices with egg salad.
- 5Arrange on crisp salad greens.
- 6Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad in Tomato Accordions
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 403.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g