Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pair this versatile classic with different toppings to enjoy on a variety of breads. You can also serve it on a bed of lettuce as part of an attractive salad plate.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In bowl, mash eggs with fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, chives, mustard, salt and pepper.
- (Make-ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hrs.).
Very good egg salad with ingredients I love. I did use the fresh chives and dill and the bit of zip from the dijon is perfect. Used regular mayo and sour cream instead of light, all I had on hand, so the flavor was heavier but still so tasty. Bought country white bread and sliced it thicker than usual than served open faced. Thank you Anna P. for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for April's TOTM Easter Egg Tag Game.
Lots of fresh flavor in this egg salad. I love dill, so I opted for the dill. I used the green onions....probably more than 1 tbsp. This makes a great sandwich. Thanx!
Very good. I easily cut the recipe back for 5 eggs. The only change I made was to chop the eggs instead of mashing them. The dill really gives this a new flavor, and I like the creaminess that the sour cream adds to the mayo. DH & I both enjoyed this, and while using 5 eggs, I will get 4 small sandwiches out of this batch.