Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This egg filling is of coarse wonderful on any type of bread. I use President's Choice brand of salad seasoning or you can use McCormick's Salad Supreme. Please adjust all amounts to taste. Plan ahead the egg mixture needs to chill for a minimum of 5 hours before using. To make slicing the bread easier, freeze for about 20 minutes before filling. If you want you can double the amount of filling and use more than 2 tablespoons on each sandwich. Using the amounts listed in this recipe will give you 44 small finger sandwiches, you can make these hours in advance, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Top Review by Boomette
These are great but they were too sweet. Another time I won't add the sugar. Cause the sweet pickle relish is already sweet. I loved the celery and green onion in this. I liked the creaminess of it. Thanks Kit. Made for 123 hit wonders.
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 1 small celery, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 44.37-59.16 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79-29.58 ml sour cream
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped (you can use yellow onion)
- 4.92 ml salad seasoning
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (or to taste) or 4.92 ml white salt (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml sugar (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 22 slice bread (thin slices)
- softened butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the bread; cool egg filling to room temperature, cover and chill for 5 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly butter one side of the 22 slices slice of bread.
- Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons egg filling over 11 slices of bread.
- Top with 11 slices of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 finger sandwiches.
- Cover and chill if not serving right away.