1/2 Photos of Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches
This egg filling is of coarse wonderful on any type of bread. I use President's Choice brand of salad seasoning or you can use McCormick's Salad Supreme. Please adjust all amounts to taste. Plan ahead the egg mixture needs to chill for a minimum of 5 hours before using. To make slicing the bread easier, freeze for about 20 minutes before filling. If you want you can double the amount of filling and use more than 2 tablespoons on each sandwich. Using the amounts listed in this recipe will give you 44 small finger sandwiches, you can make these hours in advance, cover and chill until ready to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 1 small celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped (you can use yellow onion)
- 1 teaspoon salad seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 22 slices bread (thin slices)
- softened butter
- 1In a bowl combine all ingredients except the bread; cool egg filling to room temperature, cover and chill for 5 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 2Lightly butter one side of the 22 slices slice of bread.
- 3Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons egg filling over 11 slices of bread.
- 4Top with 11 slices of bread.
- 5Cut each sandwich into 4 finger sandwiches.
- 6Cover and chill if not serving right away.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: