1/3 Photos of Egg Salad - Either As a Salad or on Toasted Bread
carrie sheridan's Note:
This is so good--even if you have NEVER liked egg salad--ever. It's healthful with the shredded lettuce--quick and tasty and inexpensive for kids. It would probably be a great appetizer or finger sandwich--served on toast rounds with thinly sliced cucumber too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To cook eggs:
- 2Place desired number of eggs [4-8] in pot.
- 3Cover with water by 1 inch.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Remove from heat and cover immediately.
- 6Let stand 12-13 minutes.
- 7Spoon out one egg at a time into cold water, then refrigerate.
- 8To assemble the egg salad:.
- 9Chop peeled egg with knife and then mash with fork OR process in mini-chopper.
- 10Add mayo to taste.
- 11Add splashes of red wine vinegar to taste.
- 12Add celery flakes as desired.
- 13Add minced sweet onion to taste.
- 14Add shredded and chopped lettuce to taste.
- 15Mix to bind.
- 16Add freshly ground pepper if desired.
- 17Add salt if you think it needs it.
- 18This is better chilled and can be served just by itself as a salad OR on lightly toasted bread for a sandwich.
- 19If you peel and leave an onion in the refrigerator for days, it makes it taste much sweeter.
- 20You could add pickle juice, minced pickle, mustard or dry mustard, sweet relish, capers as desired as well as paprika for color.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad - Either As a Salad or on Toasted Bread
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 373.0 mg
- Sodium 126.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes