Recipe by Cecily Parsley
I have had this on a card as long as I can remember, one the first recipes I ever clipped and saved. Elegant yet fairly simple party food, without a lot of exotic ingredients (not that there's anything wrong with a lot of exotic ingredients...)
- 72 inches crepes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 leaf lettuce, 12 leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Gently fold in eggs, cheese and scallions until just mixed. For each cornucopia, place crepe; best-looking side down, or board or plate and fold in half to form a semicircle.
- Place lettuce leaf on crepe. Bring corners of crepe together and overlap, forming a cone shape. Secure with decorative cocktail picks or toothpicks. repeat process with remaining crepes. Use a small spoon or spatula to fill each cornucopia with egg-salad mizture.