1/5 Photos of Egg Salad Club Sandwiches (Or Shrimp Salad Club)
Adapted from Southern Living. To make a checkerboard effect, use both white and wheat breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced (can sub 1/8 teaspoon celery seed)
- 4 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 12 slices sandwich bread, lightly toasted (white or wheat thin-type preferred)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach or 1 cup lettuce
- 1Stir together 1/3 cup mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients.
- 2Spread remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, evenly with half of egg salad. Top evenly with half of spinach or lettuce and 4 bread slices.
- 3Repeat procedure with remaining egg salad, spinach, and bread slices. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- 4Alternative Shrimp Salad:.
- 5Shrimp-Egg Salad Club: Omit bacon. Add 2/3 cup finely chopped boiled shrimp, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad Club Sandwiches (Or Shrimp Salad Club)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 866.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: