Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a nice lunch, or even a dinner with rolls. When I don't have celery on hand, I chop up a can of water chestnuts. Recipe is from a Sunset cookbook. cook time is 15 minute egg boiling time.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 green onions, including tops,thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large tomatoes
- lettuce leaf
- In a large bowl, gently stir together eggs, mayonnaise, celery, onions, dill and lemon juice until well combined; set aside.
- Cut out cores from tomato stem ends; then cut each tomato almost to the base into 8 wedges (don't slice all the way through).
- Place each tomato on a lettuce lined plate, carefully spread wedges open and spoon about 3/4 cup egg salad into center.
Excellent salad! Very pretty presentation. Great combination of flavours.