Recipe by rickoholic83
To lighten up this egg salad, yolks from two of the eight eggs are removed. A touch of lemon rind and sour cream add a zesty edge. Courtesy of Cooking Light. (Recipe includes time to hard-boil eggs.)
Top Review by Kim127
We had these for breakfast. It was a nice little treat! Ok, so no tomato on mine, but I just can't eat them. I liked the addition of sour cream to the egg salad. It added a little extra to the flavor. I liked the green onions too. I only used about 2 tablespoons. Also I used all eight eggs, yolks and all. Thanks for a great breakfast!
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, whole-grain
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 8 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half crosswise (I used center-cut)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 large boston lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Cut 2 eggs in half lengthwise; reserve 2 yolks for another use.
- Coarsely chop remaining egg whites and whole eggs.
- Add eggs to mayonnaise mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Arrange 4 bread slices on a work surface.
- Top each bread slice with 1/2 cup egg mixture, 2 bacon pieces, 2 tomato slices and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Top with remaining bread slices and serve.