Two of my favorite sandwiches made into one! What could be better than that! This can be made lighter by removing a bit of the egg yolk. Delicious sandwich! Found on Cooking Light.com
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 8 slices peasant bread or 8 slices firm sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, slices cooked and cut in half crosswise
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Coarsely chop eggs. Add eggs to mayonnaise mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Arrange 4 bread slices on a cutting board or work surface. Top each bread slice with 1/2 cup egg mixture, 2 bacon pieces, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 bread slice. Serve sandwich immediately.