Recipe by Tish
My left over Easter eggs found their way into a easy to make egg salad. Hope you like it!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I will put this recipe in my cookbook for the moment, but after reading Jan S.'s review and comment on peeling all the eggs i wanted to let you all know of a little trick i found for peeling. Unfortunately, it only works when the eggs are still hot, but put up to a dozen in a PLASTIC pasta strainer and (holding them above the kitchen sink) bounce them gently in the strainer. The eggs will bounce up and down and bump into each other, cracking the shells. Within just a couple minutes the shells will be falling off the eggs in very large, almost whole pieces. The best part is, if they're for deviled eggs there is very little chance of having broken or gouged whites.
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled,peeled and cut into sixths
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons whole-grained mustard
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, yogurt or mayonnaise, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
- Add the eggs to the mixture and gently mix them together.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Use in sandwiches, with lettuce and tomatoes, or in a salad.