Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living.
- 59.14 ml light mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh dill
- 14.79 ml grated onion
- 14.79 ml dill pickle relish
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 8 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- Stir together the first 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl; gently stir in eggs.
- Add more mayonnaise if needed for desired consistency.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or up to 2 days.
I changed this a bit to reflect what I had on hand, so I won't give stars. Used green onion, dried dill, and dry mustard (1 tsp) instead of prepared. Was worried the mixture would not be enough for 8 eggs, but it was perfect. DH really enjoyed it, thanks for posting.
Perfect egg-salad. I followed this exactly and added fresh dill, which was a wonderful addition. I halved the recipe and there was plenty for 4 sandwiches. Thanks for posting!
DH has had a craving for basic egg salad but I enjoy pickle relish in mine, this time I won. :) Used about 3/4 cup mayonnaise, onion powder, dried dill weed, and dijon mustard. I boiled 12 eggs since we will be having this tomorrow with my DMIL and DFIL for supper. Great egg salad ratherbeswimmin, thank you for posting!