Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a lower fat version of a similar recipe, they are not fried and yet have a crispy yummy texture..and the turkey burger (Italian style) makes these yummy treats a lot less of a guilty pleasure.
- 1 lb italian style ground turkey, scrambled
- 15 -25 egg roll wraps
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons five spice seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1. Dice all ingredients ahead of time as specified.
- 2. Scramble turkey burger, adding the garlic, onion and five spice half way thru the cooking process.
- 3. Add the carrot, salt and pepper when it looks almost done. Cook one to two minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 4. Turn off heat and stir in cabbage, stirring until thouroughly combined and cabbage starts to soften.
- 5. Drain meat and cabbage as the salt takes some of the water out of the cabbage. I drain in my sink under a weighted bowl for 15 minutes.
- 6.Spoon 3 tablespoons or whatever looks good to you into the center of a wrapper, with one point facing you.
- 7. Fold the top corner up over filling, rolling tightly, tuck corners by folding them up over the first corner, then finish rolling over, sealing the last corner with a little bit of water before rolling the final roll over corner.
- 8. Either bake right away or freeze in single layer on pan until completely frozen then bag in freezer bag for later use.
- 9. To bake right away, preheat over to 350 degrees, and spray each rolls top with cooking spray.
- 10. Bake for 10 minutes, turn over, spray again and bake another 10 minutes. If cooking from frozen add 5 more minutes to last side.
- 11. Dip in your favorite sauce, I love the sweet chile sauce, and enjoy!