Recipe by Sunshine Girl Brie
This recipe cuts the prep time for homemade egg rolls in half! They taste great and everyone will wonder, "What's the secret?"
- 2 lbs ground meat (turkey, beef, or pork -not sausage)
- 1 lb of shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 (1 lb) packages egg roll wraps (I find them in the cooler section near the tofu)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 beaten egg (for wrapping)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly cook ground meat and drain.
- Combine coleslaw mix, salt, garlic powder, sugar, soy sauce, and cooked meat in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Lay an egg roll wrap in front of you so it is turned like a diamond.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center. (Spread the filling out but do not get it too close to the edges.).
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold the left and right points over.
- Brush beaten egg on the top point.
- Roll the wrap the rest of the way, tightly.
- Repeat with remaining wraps and filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan on a med. low heat. (350 °F).
- Place a few egg rolls in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain finished egg rolls on paper towels.
- We serve ours with our favorite dipping sauces.