Recipe by Katrina
These are the best egg rolls ever. I don't like the egg rolls that you can get at a chinese restaurants...this is the only kind I will eat. My mom would make these once in a while, they were always a BIG treat...she got the recipe from a friend a LONG time ago when my dad was in the military. If you have some extra time to spend try these...you won't be dissapointed at all!!
Top Review by paris61795
I love these egg rolls. I have made my own for years using hamburger meat, onion, mushroom, cabbage (a little not a lot), and I also add shredded cheddar cheese to my filling. Always the first food to disappear at parties! Always the one thing friends ask me to bring to get togethers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 5 mushrooms
- 1 bag bean sprouts
- 5 tablespoons green onions, w/tops
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package egg rolls
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef w/ginger root.
- Add onion, mushrooms, bean sprouts and green onions to beef mixture.
- Cook for another 5 min.
- Combine soy sauce.
- wine, sugar, pepper and sesame oil and add to mixture, cook for another 2 min.
- Stir together cornstarch and water.
- Add to beef mixture until it thickens.
- Add a spoonfull of beef mixture to each egg roll, moisten the edges w/ water and roll into the shape of an egg roll.
- (Start rolling from one corner, stop in the middle and fold over the other two edges and continue rolling).
- Heat about 2-3 in.
- oil in a skillet.
- Put egg rolls in and watch until they turn golden brown, turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Put finished egg rolls on paper towel to drain extra oil.