1/2 Photos of Egg Rolls
Domestic Goddess's Note:
Another one of our families "favorite" egg rolls. We serve them as a main dish meal, not as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork (already seasoned pork is fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 quart vegetable oil or 1 quart peanut oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- jarred sweet and sour sauce
- 1In a medium size skillet, add pork.
- 2Season with garlic powder, and ginger; mixing thoroughly.
- 3Cook pork until no longer pink; drain off fat and set aside on paper towels.
- 4In a deep fryer or large skillet, add oil.
- 5Heat oil to 375 degrees, or use medium-high heat with the skillet.
- 6While oil is heating, in a small bowl, combine flour and water until they form a paste.
- 7In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, onion, green peppers and reserved pork; mix well.
- 8On a plate, lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed towards you.
- 9Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture on an egg roll paper, and fold corner up over the mixture.
- 10Fold left and right corners toward the center, and continue to roll.
- 11Brush abit of the flour paste around the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- 12Repeat process, using up remaining ingredients.
- 13Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, (turning occasionally) until golden brown.
- 14Remove from oil, and drain on paper towels.
- 15Makes 20 egg rolls.
- 16Serve with a sweet and sour sauce.
- 17Note: You may stir fry the vegetables slightly; before adding the cooked pork, and finishing the egg rolls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2091.7
- Calories from Fat 1756
- Total Fat 195.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 599.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g